The best 5 gallon fish tank is the Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons. It offers a sleek, stylish design that will fit in any room and can be customized to your liking with optional accessories. The kit includes an LED light for low-light environments, filter media for water filtration, and a durable glass aquarium with a built-in heater. It also comes with everything you need to set up your new pet’s home including gravel substrate, rocks decor items like plants or artificial foliage, thermometer and pH test strips so you know when it’s time to maintain the tank as well as food bowls of various sizes so you can feed them easily too!
What is The Best 5 Gallon Fish Tank
|Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons||Check Price on Amazon|
|GloFish Aquarium Kit Fish Tank||Check Price on Amazon|
|Koller Products AquaView 6-Gallon 360 Aquarium||Check Price on Amazon|
|Koller Products 6.5-Gallon Aquarium Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
|Marineland Portrait Glass LED aquarium Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
|Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon, White||Check Price on Amazon|
|Marina LED Aquarium Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
|Fluval SPEC Freshwater Aquarium Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
|Aqueon LED MiniBow Aquarium Kit||Check Price on Amazon|
Best 5 Gallon Fish Tank Reviews and Buyers Guide
Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons
The Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons is a stylish, affordable starter kit with an innovative design and features to help you get started right away. It includes 1- gallon fish tank ⅓ viewing window plywood sand substrate water conditioner wet/dry filter biomax filter insert heater PVC outlet plastic t-bar brackets easy set up instructions
The Tetra Crescent aquarium Kit 5 Gallons features sleek, contemporary lines that give the small size room to make it stand out in any setting. Create your own personal retreat with this elegant yet practical addition to any décor. You’ll love looking at your fish swim back and forth during its natural routine while you enjoy the peace and tranquility of your home or office space for years to
Providing enough space to accommodate your needs, the Tetra Crescent Aquarium Kit is the ideal starter kit for almost any fish lover. With a sleek, seamless design and hidden light fixtures, you’re guaranteed a captivating undersea environment every time you open it up. And with an included filter that will keep your tank clean and healthy, this aquarium set is as easy to maintain as it is beautiful to behold. It’s just one of many reasons why the Tetra Aquarium sets are leading sellers worldwide!
GloFish Aquarium Kit Fish Tank
Introducing the GloFish Aquarium Kit Fish Tank. This wonderous, semi-circular tank is perfect for your desk or evening table. The optic-clear acrylic lets you easily view your fish in an underwater environment while making them feel safe and secure. Comes with a light to enhance the natural effect of this beautiful piece, which includes fish food, one sponge filter, and six live GloFish creatures (colors vary). Now you can have it all: adorable freshwater tropical fish and a bright nighttime display with stunning reds and purples hues. It’s never been easier to add some color into your life!
This 5 gallon kit includes the best in technology to bring light and safety into your home. The crescent shaped tank, Tetra Whisper Bio-Bag Filter Cartridge, black canopy with convenient feeding hole allow you to enjoy this product for years without a need for replacement. The hidden blue LED lights give your fish an exciting and uniquely fluorescent look that will have all the neighbors come over for a look!
With the gloFish Aquarium Kit you can turn your home or office into a brightly glowing world of color under water with fluorescent fish and vibrant decor.
This kit includes one crescent-shaped seamless plastic aquarium, filtered water and an LED light that brightens up your living space with primary material acrylic (mirror). The filter pulls water from the tank through dual sided filter cartridge, where dense mesh catches debris. The included hood reduces evaporation while keeping fish from jumping out. Included are three live GloFish fluorescent fish that create complete underwater fluorescent experience in any well lit room, perfect for turning those dull dark corners into little lights of life. With this fun kit it is easy to bring creativity to life in just minutes!
Koller Products AquaView 6-Gallon 360 Aquarium
Wave goodbye to the pesky questions your guests always ask! Introducing the Koller Products AquaView 6-Gallon 360 Aquarium. This stylish aquarium is made with a clear, impact-resistant plastic with a modern design that will show off your underwater lifestyle. With its 11” x 11” x 19 ¾” dimensions and 5 pound weight, this tank can be easily set up in any space – from an office desk to on top of your dining room table. And best of all, it comes fully equipped – specially designed lights, sleek black trim around the glass panel for a luxurious touch, as well as dual outlets for air pumps and water filters. Start living life with imagination today!
The AquaView is a 6-gallon space packed with opportunity and intrigue. With its energy-efficient LED lighting featuring 7 dazzling color selections, you can choose the colors to suit your mood–daylight white for an energetic day of fishing or blue for a lazy Sunday morning. What will you do with this captivating escape? Act fast before someone else snaps it up!
Satisfy your fishy friends with this Koller Products AquaView 6-Gallon 360 Aquarium. It features a powerful internal power filter to clean and purify water at a flow rate of 45 gallons per hour so you don’t have to worry about maintenance. The crystal-clear clarity is so good, most people can’t tell it’s not glass! This aquarium also utilizes built-in lighting that has adjustable settings for timing and providing an amazing view of your aquatic friends. You may even forget you own “real” pets since they give off such an authentic feel when in the company of these virtual ones. Be sure to order yours today!
Koller Products 6.5-Gallon Aquarium Kit
This 6.5-gallon acrylic aquarium kit is the perfect starter kit for classrooms, offices, and homes. The spacious tank not only provides more than enough room to house a wide variety of fish but it also features three different filtration systems that guarantee clean water for your aquatic pets and splashes of vivid color where you need them on the outside.
An automated device inside feeds the air pump with electricity so it continues to turn day after day without having to worry about turning off or running out of power. Other features include: low voltage lighting system, 2 whisper quiet 90 gallon per hour submersible filters (able to process 360 gallons per hour), corner overflow box which doubles as a bulkhead fitting, inbuilt gravel vacuum cleaner.
Give your kids what they’ve always wanted! Bring home the Koller Products 6.5-Gallon Aquarium Kit and watch as their eyes light up with excitement while being a part of setting up one of these amazing pieces of furniture that just about any child would love to have in their room. With energy-efficient LED lights from top to bottom for 7 different colors, it’ll be easy to pick which color lights up depending on time or mood. Use this kit indoors or outdoors, inside or even outside in the garden! If you’re looking for an ideal way to educate young minds while giving them meaningful responsibility – including caring for fish and plants – than look no further than our aquarium kit!
Marineland Portrait Glass LED aquarium Kit
Complete kit contains a hood, full-length sides and back, four diffusion material inserts to soften light, and a 10.8 watt LED aquarium light fixture. Includes 4′ of cord with an AC adapter (110V). Perfect for homes where space is limited or with low ceilings because it can’t be mounted.
Lightweight design at just 12 pounds and 9¾” x 9¾” x 17″, includes easy-to-follow instructions for quick setup Preassembled High quality ribbon rim trim on top makes it look more elegant than standard flat black plastic trimmed tanks Solid float glass front reduces stress from potential cracks caused by water pressure in lower pressure areas
Marineland’s Portrait Glass LED aquarium kit provides a brilliant under-the-sea world right in your office, living room or dorm. The assorted blue green and purple color accents are perfect for any desk space to put décor on pause. Once you turn the light off you’ll be taken out of sightseeing into a deep dream like sleep with scarcely enough time to think about anything between relaxation and well being.
Full spectrum multicolored LEDs filter through the inviting glass marbles that provide an mesmerizing underwater sensation while also supplying complete 360 degree lighting coverage so every creature has ample food, shelter and sunlight below the surface as well as overhead–all within your reach at all times.
Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon, White
The Fluval Spec V livestock kit is made for freshwater fish. With its 6 aquariums, the kit will keep you organized so that your favorite animals can live in health and happiness. Containing solidly welded glass with a seamless edge design, this aquarium provides an elegant way of watching your aquatic pets flourish. The set-up contains everything from necessary equipment to helpful space saving shelves to keep all of your accessories within reach when needed.
Seeing as each tank supports up to 3 gallons, there’s never enough room! This kit has room for the biggest creatures without breaking a sweat (we’re talking goldfish, detritus eatery). It also includes food with starter cultures plus expert advice on how much food and water they need daily.
With the Fluval Spec V Aquarium kit, a whole new world can be seen from your palm. Ideal for small spaces and big imaginations, this 5-gallon aquarium features etched glass tanks with aluminum trim and comes ready to go with pre-assembled filter and circulation system. The 37 LED lighting system lights up your small stature community like never before while included foam block, activated carbon and BioMax bio rings keep water fresh. Compact in size but monumental in features and benefits, the Fluval Spec V is perfect for any home or office setting that values the beauty of nature without sacrificing space. Your littlest aquatic friends will thank you for giving them such an awesome place to call their own!
Marina LED Aquarium Kit
Marina LED Aquarium Kit is a beautifully crafted fish tank that will make your living space come alive. This beautiful piece of furniture is made from glass and designed to slide into the corner and out of the way. With it’s sleek features, this aquarium is ideal for any modern setting. Thanks to Marina’s companion mobile app which gives you instant access to everything from the live zoomable feed, timer settings, filter control and food ordering!
You can now sit at work stress-free knowing that “Denny” has been fed two hours ago just as you requested. You won’t believe how much this product transforms an empty room with it’s tranquil aquatic world right in front of your eyes!
The Marina LED Aquarium Kit is the perfect starter kit for your new 5-gallon aquarium! The included fish tank and canopy have plenty of space, plus there are plenty of different ways to decorate your tank. With this kit you’ll also get everything you need for DIY maintenance like a water conditioner to make tap water safe for fish, filter cartridges that are easy to change out, and our cool Slim S20 clip-on aquarium filter which keeps things crystal clear. Even better? We’ve integrated long lasting LEDs into the top of the canopy that create an undersea ambiance reminiscent of natural daylight!
The Marina Slim S20 clip-on aquarium filter keeps your water clear and uses quick change filter cartridges that only take up a small amount of space in the kit; it’s ideal if you are looking at making the most of where you live. Give them what they want: a healthy environment to grow vibrant underwater plants and interact with their new pet friends through stunning backlit glass or acrylic panels
Fluval SPEC Freshwater Aquarium Kit
The Marina LED Aquarium Kit will provide you with a beautiful healthy environment for fish and plants. It is made of glass to ensure that the delicate ecosystem created inside stays airtight, safe, and healthy. It includes a sealed hood so all your aquarium needs are accounted for in one package–tensile strength glass shelves ward off any accidents caused by protruding corners and hard-to-clean edges; interior lighting simulates sunlight as well as moonlight; sleek black finish complements any home decor.
The only aquarium kit that delivers complete, professional aquatic life in just under 11 inches. This 2.6-gallon glass aquarium with aluminum trim has been meticulously designed for easy maintenance and a perfect viewing experience while maintaining its contemporary design aesthetic.
Employing a high-output 7000K LED lighting system with all-aluminum, waterproof casing for enhanced plant growth and fish colors while at the same time employing our professionally sized filtration tank that utilizes a three-stage filtration process to deliver superior water quality for your aquatic pets – free of harmful toxins or heavy metals found in tap water and from other materials such as plastics, which can leach into the aquarium.
Aqueon LED MiniBow Aquarium Kit
Aqueon LED Mini Bow Aquarium Kit is a beautiful living environment created for your fish to thrive in. This black and clear acrylic of approximately 15″L x 10″W x 16″H features four adjustable leveling feet, an on-off power switch for the LED lighting system via two replaceable AA batteries (not included), and spacious 2.11 gallon capacity that makes this tank ideal for bettas or other small fish like tetras, guppies, neon rainbows!
The Aqueon LED MiniBow Aquarium Kit is an all-inclusive kit that comes complete with everything you need to get started, including the tank and stand. All of the items are high quality and will make your fish feel like they’re living in a luxurious setting.
It’s easy to set up so no matter if this is your first experience with underwater life or you just picked up another hobby, it’ll only take about 10 minutes from start to finish. The filter has been redesigned for even more water clarity and it lasts much longer than other models on the market today! It also includes some food so there’s nothing else left for you to buy. For those who want more accessories.
How To Choose Best 5 Gallon Fish Tank?
5 Gallon Fish Tank is best choice for beginners who want to begin a little and start. Well, 5 gallon fish tank can be perfect option if you are looking to keep betta fish or any other tropical fish that require care of low maintenance. With one time investment on the right accessories, 5 Gallon Aquarium can be an ideal fish tank for the home. 5 Gallon fish tank is also a perfect choice for those who do not want to be spending too much on bigger aquariums and that is why it can be termed as cheap fish tanks.
5 Gallon Fish Tank Equipment
Choosing best 5 gallon fish tank can be difficult task if you don’t know what you are looking to get into. It is vital that you choose a tank which has enough space for fish to swim. For beginners, this can be difficult considering the fact that very few manufacturers clearly mention the dimension of aquarium on their product description page. Before choosing 5 gallon fish tank, here are some things which can help you make decision much easily:
– Brand : This is one of the most important things that you should be looking into. It’s usually bad idea to go for 5 Gallon fish tank from unknown brand if you are new in this field. Most popular brands have detailed guide which can help even beginner make informed decision and much easier to understand all about 5 gallon aquariums.
– Dimension : 5 Gallon Fish tanks come in many size and dimensions. It is important that you choose one which has enough space for fish to swim freely inside it. Also, certain layout can make tank look bigger than it actually is. So make sure dimension of aquarium is one of your prime concern before making any decision about best 5 gallon aquarium.
– Layout : There are many layouts available in 5 Gallon fish tanks. You should choose one which offers maximum visibility to you and your family members. Also, there are certain designs available that allows easy access for filtration systems and other accessories like LED lights etc.
– Filtration System : It is vital that you choose a 5 Gallon fish tank which offers easy access to filtration system. Most 5 gallon tanks come with filter that can be placed inside aquarium and connected with powerhead. Some other types of filters available are Hang on filter and Box filters etc.
– Lighting : This is another important thing that you should look into before choosing best 5 gallon fish tanks. Since 5 Gallon fish tanks are usually small in size, you should choose light which has low wattage so that it doesn’t end up heating the water inside tank. Also, some lights work better than others and some have timer which can make maintenance easier for you.
– Water Treatment: If you want your aquarium to look beautiful all the time, you should look into water treatment options. There are many water treatments available in market which can help your fish to remain healthy and prevent diseases. Also, there are certain additives that can be used to give natural color to aquarium water making it look more beautiful.
– Fish Stock : While choosing best 5 gallon fish tanks, make sure that you have enough fish stock to keep your aquarium alive and healthy. You should always buy in pair so that you can have selection of both male and female fish which makes breeding much easier.
– Color : Many people choose 5 Gallon Aquariums because they find it aesthetically pleasing. Some colors like black or purple are very popular among people who want 5 gallon fish tank for home.
– Budget : This is another important thing that you should look into before buying 5 Gallon Aquariums . If you are on budget, there are many available models which won’t cost more than $100 even if they are from popular brand and come with all the latest features. You can easily get best 5 gallon fish tanks for less than $100.
– Filters : Choose 5 Gallon Fish tank with filters that are easy to clean and maintain because if they are not, you will end up spending more time on maintenance rather than enjoying your aquarium.
– Space : Always keep in mind that you should choose 5 gallon tank which has enough space inside it. If you go for a smaller aquarium, you might end up buying more fish than it can actually hold and that will lead to overcrowding which ultimately leads to death of most of the fish in your 5 gallon tank .
– Accessories : There are many accessories available in market such as heater , thermometer , led lights etc. Make sure that you choose 5 Gallon fish tank which has all the necessary accessories available in market so that you can enjoy your aquarium while keeping it healthy.
Acrylic Versus vs Glass Fish Tanks:
– Acrylic : If you are on budget and want to buy best 5 gallon fish tanks for less than $100, then acrylic is the one that you should look into. Also, if you move your aquarium around a lot or plan to keep it outside in sun, then acrylic will be better option because they don’t break easily when dropped even if they do get scratched. Also, cleaning acrylic tanks is very easy.
– Glass : While choosing best 5 gallon fish tanks , you can choose glass ones which are more durable than Acrylic and also withstand temperature changes better. You won’t have to worry about scratches as much because if anything does happen to your tank, you can always replace it.
5 Gallon Fish Tank Setup Ideas and Stocking Suggestions:
Best fish for 5 gallon tank? While choosing 5 gallon fish tanks, always focus on small and medium sized ones as they are best for beginners.
– Shrimp: Before choosing best 5 gallon fish tanks for your aquarium, you should always keep in mind how much space it has inside so that you don’t have overcrowding in the tank. However, you can always go for cheap and easy to maintain shrimp which can help with cleaning of all uneaten food from floor of tank.
– Snails: Shrimp might be able to clean food but they won’t be able to keep your tank clean from algae and snails are the best option. You can choose them from black pepper variety which is very easy maintenance .
– Killifish: While choosing 5 gallon fish tanks for your aquarium, you should always consider killifish which is very hardy and can survive in all kinds of conditions. They are also one of the best looking fish for 5 gallon fish tank.
– Tetras: If you want to keep some schooling fish in your 5 gallon tank , then tetras will be best options for you as they come from tropical freshwater regions so they shouldn’t have any problems even if you keep them in aquarium with heater and filter.
– Mollies : Choose mollies which are livebearers as they can be easy to maintain . You should either go for Albino or Red variety of this fish as they look very attractive in those colors. Keeping mollies will require that you breed them because they are livebearers and will need to find mates of their own species.
– Bettas: You should always keep in mind that betta fish are very social animals so you will have to buy more than one if you choose these as your 5 gallon tank fish . Also, they come from tropical regions so make sure that you either purchase heater for your tank or keep them in room that has temperature close to 80 F.
– Goldfish: Before you start stocking your 5 gallon fish tanks , make sure that don’t overload it with goldfish. They might be cheap and can easily be found in local pet stores but they are very hard to maintain so better avoid going for this option unless you are an expert.
– Plecostomus: You can use 5 gallon fish tanks for fresh water aquariums which have Plecostomus in it. They will eat algae from your tank walls and floor of the tank making it look nice and clean.
How To Setup A Fish Tank?
There are many ways to setup your 5 gallon aquarium tank. Firstly, you will have to set up the filter and heater for best results. After that , you can start adding gravel in tank put on its bottom so that fish won’t swim against the current of water while taking food from top of water with their mouths.
– Put Gravel on bottom of the tank : You can use either gravel that floats in water or just place it on bottom of the tank. If you are choosing fish which doesn’t swim against current in the tank, then you don’t need to do this but if they do swim against current and keep getting stuck at one end , then make sure that there is some gravel on bottom of the tank.
– Placing Fish in 5 Gallon Aquarium Tank : While choosing what kind of fish to keep in 5 gallon aqurium , you have to make sure that they can live peacefully together without any disturbances. You should always consider blue and red tetras first as they spend their time schooling with other fish without causing any trouble.
– Place Plants in tank : While choosing 5 gallon fish tanks , you should always consider having plants inside it as they will help to keep water clean and also will be food source for your fish.
Expert Tips: Always make sure that if you are going to choose betta fish, then never keep them with other fish as they are very social animals and will never be happy if kept with other fish.
– Fish Tank Stand : When buying 5 gallon fish tank , make sure that you buy proper stand for your aquarium so that it can stand properly on it . This will also help to keep the floor of your house or room clean from water spillage.
– Fish Food : While choosing 5 gallon fish tanks , make sure that you buy proper food for your fish as they won’t eat any kind of food if it causes them some problems. They can get sick very easily so don’t neglect this fact while buying aquarium tank.
– Fish Bedding : Another important thing which should be kept in mind is the fish bedding. Buy 5 gallon fish tank which comes with proper accessorizing like pillows for your fish so that they can sleep properly and you will not have to do daily maintenance of cleaning their bedding or replace it after couple of days .
– Decoration : When choosing fish tank decoration, make sure that you buy real one and don’t buy fake plastic decoration made of glass or stone. This will help to shine your 5 gallons fish tank and give it authentic look.
– Lighting for your fish tank : Make sure that you choose proper lighting for your 5 gallon fish tanks as this will have direct effect on their color , behavior of the fish in it .
How big is a 5 gallon fish tank?
A 5 gallon fish tank is about 17-20 inches in height and 10 inches in width .
How many gallons are there in a 5 gallon fish tank?
There are 5 gallons of water inside it.
What do I need to setup my own 5 gallon fish tank?
You will need aquarium, heater, filter , air pump or filter for water circulation and also accessories to decorate your 5 gallon fish tank.
What are the best tanks for a 5 gallon fish tank?
The first choice would be glass aquariums as they are easy to clean, maintain and use . You can go for acrylic ones only if you won’t move them in near future from one room to another because they can be slightly heavy.
How many betta fish in a 5 gallon tank?
You can keep up to 3 betta fish in a 5 gallon tank but make sure that you are not keeping them with any other fish.
How many angelfish in a 5 gallon tank?
As long as you choose small varieties of angelfish, you can keep up to 4 medium size ones.
How many fish in 5 gallons?
You can keep up to 10-12 small or meduim size fish in 5 gallon tank. Best candidates for these tanks are: tetra, guppy, oscar fish and angelfish.
We hope you find the best 5 gallon fish tank for your home. If not, we recommend considering some of these other options to get started in your search. The last thing you want is a leaky or broken aquarium that causes water damage to your house! Make sure if you purchase one online, it comes with all necessary equipment and accessories so it’s easy for anyone to set up without having any trouble. If this sounds like something you need help with, give us a contact Mem Fish and our experts will be happy to assist you with making an informed decision on which product is right for you!